Ready to work for an award-winning organization?
Member Services & Corporate Communications
Meet Jake, the mojo behind our mission
Jake interned with Associated’s corporate communications department during summer 2020, researching, writing and posting content to help employees and members be informed and engaged. It’s experience that will help him in his senior year at the University of Missouri School of Journalism, where he’s earning his bachelor degrees in strategic communications and political science, and in his career.
Informed, involved member-owners are part of the key business strategy for Associated, and it's the driving force behind the Member Services and Corporate Communications Division.
We're part of those "support services" mentioned in our mission, and staff is responsible for employee and member communications, as well as media relations, member services, member energy services and economic development. Information is provided via websites, video, newsletters, meetings, presentations and more.
- Manages the Take Control & Save energy efficiency program, providing energy efficiency tips and information to support key messages and strategies.
- Develops and guides the Power for Progress economic development program.
- Provides communications to Associated’s six G&Ts, their boards of directors, the employees within local distribution cooperatives and the cooperatives’ boards of directors.
- Provides employee communications and support to all divisions within Associated at four key locations.
- Plans and implements Associated’s annual meeting, which about 800 members attend to conduct business and learn from industry speakers.
- Creates annual report and other publications.
- Responsible for content on Associated websites, social media and employee intranet.
- Meets regularly with member advisory committees.
- Conducts triennial member survey and provides reports to each cooperative.
- Coordinates photography and video services.