Ready to work for an award-winning organization?
Engineering & Operations
About the division
The Engineering and Operations Division meets the electricity needs of our member-owners through dispatching, purchasing, selling and transmitting electricity throughout the AECI network of high-voltage transmission lines. The division spans the development and implementation of transmission-related projects, resource planning, systems operations, fuel procurement and transportation, regulatory compliance, wind and load forecasting and coordination of electric transmission with AECI’s six owner generation and transmission cooperatives.
- Manages 5,700 megawatts of capacity over three states.
- Contracts 750 MW of wind power from six wind farms.
- Joint transmission planning with six G&T owners.
- Provides generation/contract decision support.
- Performs financial analysis and risk management.
- Responsible for NERC and tariff compliance.
- Manages fuel procurement and transportation contracts.
- Performs load forecasting daily and long term.
- Coordinates generation and transmission functions.