Ready to work for an award-winning organization?
Power plant careers
About the division
AECI’s two coal-based power plants, New Madrid Power Plant and Thomas Hill Energy Center, were constructed from 1966 to 1982 and have been an integral part of their communities in providing quality jobs since that time. We employ about 400 employees between the two coal-based plants that are essential to providing low-cost energy to member systems.
AECI's natural gas fleet, totaling 2,753 megawatts, also is part of the diverse resources owned by the cooperative and adds flexibility to its resources, and Associated employs about 20 skilled persons at its combined-cycle, natural gas Dell Power Plant.
To meet our mission, we employ skilled men and women from a variety of backgrounds and training, including engineering, human resources, safety, maintenance, controls, materials management, chemists, heavy equipment operators, mechanics and more! If you enjoy maintaining electrical or mechanical systems, you may be interested in learning more about our entry-level power plant positions periodically available.
Each position is critical to the safe and reliable operations of the plant facilities.
Join our diverse team to help provide power to the communities we serve across Missouri, Oklahoma and Iowa.
Power Production divisional facts and responsibilities:
- Power plant operations.
- Over 5,167 megawatts of generating capacity.
- Maintains boilers, generators and balance of plant equipment.
- Measures power plant and equipment.
- Converted to burn low-sulfur coal in 1994, reducing emissions.
- Plans plant engineering and improvements.
- Manages environmental, health and safety programs.
- Oversees boiler code compliance efforts to ensure boiler safety.
- Continuously evaluates best practices and new technology applications.
- Works safely to ensure an accident-free workplace.