We have a lot to offer ...
Several features make Associated one of the best generation and transmission cooperatives in the country, giving it an advantage in the competitive and challenging utility industry. A key advantage is our talented, skilled and diverse workforce that manages our resources for the benefit of our member-owners.
Did you know ...
- Associated was one of the first and continues to be one of just a few three-tiered system of electric cooperatives in the country.
- We're one of the largest generation and transmission cooperatives in the nation.
- We own and operate more than 5,600 megawatts of diverse resources that serve more than 910,000 meters, or two million member-consumers.
- Our system includes more than 10,180 miles of high-voltage transmission lines, as well as related substations.
- Wind power – we were the first in Missouri and continue to lead the way.
- We've won national awards for land reclamation and have a long history of environmental stewardship.
- About 700 full- and part-time employees, plus interns, ensure our success across the cooperative.
- We're among the five lowest-cost G&Ts in the nation.
- We're financially strong and among the top-rated G&Ts in the country by three major bond rating agencies.
- We provide the power that goes to 51 local electric cooperatives in three states.